Thursday, November 15, 2012

Open Blog on Delivery and Style

Ok, so I know I have been apologizing for delaying some of these open blog posts, but I hope you all can bear through it. I thought I wrote a open blog on this blogging assignment, but apparently I didn't. Well, this blogging assignment was definitely interesting and also very useful because I got to learn so much not just through one source, but three! This blogging assignment gave me the opportunity to learn about Supply Chain Management through a scholarly article, a trade journal, and a blog post. Some aspects that all three of these sources have in common are that they both emphasize the importance of the social media, communications, personal relationships,  and being a "go-getter" and how all these aspects affect your chances of getting a job not only in the Supply Chain field, but also in any other business profession. Although each source had a different styles and purposes, they all were very informative and influential in demonstrating the fundamental aspects of what Supply Chain Management is all about. Like I said earlier, the importance of social skills and communication was emphasized a lot through these sources and it discusses how strong and confident social skills can place employees in higher positions in the Supply Chain Companies. From this blogging post, I realized that it is very important to learn about a topic from various sources, not just the same type of source all the time. It can definitely broaden your perspective on a particular topic if you study from various sources. From here on, I will try and study Supply Chain Management through books, trade journals, scholarly articles, youtube videos, and even through our own prestigious Supply Chain program here at Michigan State University.

No comments:

Post a Comment