Saturday, October 20, 2012

Open Blog (Bias in Reading and Writing when learning about Supply Chain Management)

Thursday's discussion about reading bias and writing about bias seemed very interesting and I felt that I should elaborate more on my thoughts and my perspective on this topic. Well since I was learning about a controversy about Supply Chain Management, there was obviously going to be two sides to the argument. Since the argument seemed somewhat extricate and controversial for me, I wasn't able to fully understand so much about tax pricing and its regulations. However, I was definitely able to see the author's bias and I could tell what he or she was trying to prove about his or her point of view. Once I understood the author's opinion and viewpoint on tax pricing, it made me think more of how I was going to differentiate and explain the two opposing and different viewpoints of the arguments. What helped me in doing so was creating two columns and writing down the facts and beliefs of one side of the argument and the facts and beliefs for the other side of the argument. Once I did this, it was very easy from there and I was able to explain both sides of the controversy without including my personal opinion or what I thought of the controversy. This assignment was very crucial in learning about my major because it made me realize that there are lot of controversial arguments in the field of supply chain management than I thought there would be. Also it gave me a great opportunity to learn about the issue of tax pricing and how it affects supply chain companies. From this blogging post, I realized that once you gain knowledge about a specific issue or topic, you will witness facts and bias and you might be confused as to whats a fact and whats bias. However, you must be able to distinguish between bias and actual facts. From here on, whenever I am reading something about Supply Chain Management, I will distinguish between actual facts and bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment