Sunday, October 7, 2012

Open Blog on the Ethics of Supply Chain Management and its Importance

To me, ethics in any profession is extremely important. Without ethics, I feel that there is no sort of credibility attached to what you are doing, resulting in less responsibilities and not caring too much about your work. Sometime, depending on the profession, it can result in executives/employees being corrupt, which can lead to many serious problems. The importance of supplier and customer relationships is an important ethic that should be enforced by all employees/executives in the supply chain management field. Without a good supplier and customer relationship, the company will not be able to meet the customer's needs, resulting in lesser amount of supply, which will make the company suffer and the company will not be able to grow and develop because of this. From this aspect of Supply Chain Management, I learned that supplier and customer relationships is an important ethic is not only supply chain management, but any other business field related and without a valuable supplier and customer relationship, the companies will suffer significantly. From today's blogging, I realized that ethics are important in many professions and if you break the ethics, than you are not being true to your profession and most importantly being corrupt and deceitful. As this blog project continues, I will research more on the ethics of Supply Chain Management and be aware of all the rules and regulations before I get any internships. Also I will work on meeting the needs of my classmates and professors, so I can be prepared in advance in meeting the needs of the customers. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that ethics are important for supply chain management but what ethics specifically are good to have?

    ReplyDelete